Email and Tweets

china.bonding at gmail.com

http://twitter.com/chinabonding

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Rock Star for the Morning

I’m sitting in a comfortable high back leather chair. Two beautiful women stand to either side of me, attentive, and intervene on my behalf with the helpful man on the other side of the counter, I don’t even have to talk. They carry all my paperwork. The driver waits for us behind me. The room sparkles with newness, no lines, no impatient chatter, there is no airport style security to go through. My forms are stamped, my picture taken, my passport held temporarily. In five days I’ll have my Chinese business visa. I wish this encounter had lasted longer. It’s a pleasant, quick experience and I’m back at my desk in under 30min. This was much easier than getting a notary at the US Consulate.

No comments:

Post a Comment